Pages

Sunday 10 February 2013

Back to the FRO

Hi y'all,
I first want to thank all of you for reading my blog as new as it is. I was so honored to be featured by two Facebook pages on my hair journey progress. Got so much motivation to just keep on keeping on. I am humbled and motivated!!

My major hair journey goals are to retain as much length as possible and to fully transition to natural. I never thought that I would ever consider going back to natural hair. I got so accustomed to relaxers and I just did not want to entertain the thought of going natural. After seeing a lot of inspirational natural hair journey stories out there I realized that my hair was healthiest back in the day when it was natural. My mum, who by the way has great hair, took really good care of our hair.

Then along came bone straight relaxers and hair dyes. My hair could not handle all these things so the problems started to set in. When I realized that relaxers have done more harm than good to my hair, I decided to transition to natural.....without the big chop of course :-) . It is the best way to transition because you don't have to deal with two different hair textures. Still, I don't have the courage to do it lol.

Natural hair can be managed with the right products and hair care routine. Moisture is key for natural hair care so keep it well moisturized. Don't forget that conditioner is your best friend! Conditioner will help detangle your hair easily to minimize breakage. Co-washes really do help. A rinse out conditioner and a leave in conditioner are absolutely necessary for natural hair regimen.

 As for natural hair styling options, the list is endless!!! From twist outs, flat twists, finger coils etc. So many options. The internet is full of ideas so just research.

Solange Knowles rocking her beautiful afro



Lira's gorgeous TWA

Overall, I have learnt to appreciate the different afro textured hair types out there and see that there is alot of beauty in being natural. Whenever I spot a natural I get so excited! Lately so many women are embracing natural hair and transitioning either slowly or straight up by big chopping . Love seeing Teeny Weeny Afros (TWA's) or even the real big afros being rocked. Natural is indeed beautiful. Can't wait to fully transition and rock my own afro :-)

Have a good week ahead .
xoxo,
Pat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here