Pages

Monday 18 February 2013

OUT with the Split Ends!

Hi people! It feels like ages since my last post. Hope you all had a fab weekend. Yesterday I was just playing around with my hair and I happened to examine my strands closely. Almost each strand of my hair had split ends!! I grabbed a pair of scissors and immediately started doing serious 'search and destroy'! I just  did the best I could but I can confidently say that I cut most of them out!!

Most of the hair issues we experience are caused by dryness and excessive heat damage and split ends are not an exception!! My last 'trim' was in December 2012 where I cut about 2 inches of my hair. Since then I admit that I relapsed to flat ironing weekly for a month :-( I guess this is the price I have to pay.
These are the different types of split ends you might spot. I think I had all those lol! :-D


The main reason why you should make a point of trimming your ends is to avoid these. Split ends are similar to cracks. Once they are ignored they grow along the hair shaft making the affected strand so weak that it eventually breaks. Minimize breakage. Less direct heat + Regular moisturizing + Trimming = Less split ends which means less breakage!!

2 comments:

  1. I trimmed mine yesterday, phew! I had the baby ones.. a lot of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! Always good to cut them out every so often.

    ReplyDelete

Post your comment here