Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Unwanted Product Ingredients!

Hi beautiful people!
Finally recovered from that horrible flu. Today I just want to share the hair product ingredients that I look out for.
When shopping for a moisturizer, I have to first confirm that it is a water based moisturizer. Many so called moisturizers have absolutely no water content so I look out for the ingredient Aqua in my hair moisturizers. Water itself is the best moisturizer. Just put some water in a spritz bottle and spray some onto your hair. Not necessarily to make it damp. Follow up by sealing in the moisture with oil.

For my normal weekly shampoo I use sulfate free shampoos. So if it has Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), or Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) I only use it to clarify my hair once a month. My sulfate free shampoos are my regular shampoos because they are less harsh and therefore less drying to the hair and scalp. It is always good to clarify hair after a relaxer and monthly to remove product build up.

For oils and treatments I prefer not to use products with Mineral oil or Petrolatum which is also drying to the hair and scalp because of its coating effect on the hair shaft. That is why I only use natural oils.
Generally your products should aid in retention of moisture because dry and brittle hair BREAKS!!! Keep your hair well moisturized and not over moisturized and see how much breakage reduces. Too much moisture can cause breakage too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here