Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Keep Calm and Detangle!


Wash days can become very frustrating when all you see a huge hair ball of after your wash! We loose most of our hair during wash days and that is why it is very important to detangle your hair properly during this process.

First and foremost you need a conditioner for effective detangling. It is better to wash your hair in the direction that you comb it therefore I wash my hair in the shower where I tilt my head backwards to have my hair go in the same direction as the water as opposed to leaning forward and having to comb my hair backwards later on. This way you spare your tresses a lot of tangling and breakage.

I apply my conditioner when my hair is 100% damp and gently massage it into my hair from roots to ends. As the water runs through my hair, I first finger comb gently to loosen the knots and then I use a wide tooth comb to detangle a little more. By the time I use the wide tooth comb my hair is usually 80% tangle free using this procedure. Remember that when you comb your hair you should comb from the ends all the way up to the roots and not vice versa. After your wash apply your leave in conditioner to keep your hair less tangled or tangle free as it dries and to prevent further breakage.

One of the first things I did when I started my hair journey was to toss my small tooth combs away. They cause a great deal of breakage. They pull and cause a lot of tension on the hair strands that eventually snap and break.

Protein treatments also cause the hair to feel a bit coarse and tangled so follow up your protein treatments with a conditioner to detangle for more manageable combing.

Have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here