Pages

Thursday 21 February 2013

Heat Styling

My biggest challenge in this transition to natural hair is styling. Dealing with different hair textures is frustrating when it comes to styling and that is why I found myself  'relapsing' to weekly flat ironing and blow drying which I knew was not healthy for my hair at all! For now I am sticking to roller sets, braid outs, bantu knot outs, and eventually when I learn, I will do twist outs and flexi rod sets.
The truth is that direct heat does more harm than good to hair when done excessively/ frequently or in the wrong way. 

Healthy hair shaft



Heat damaged hair

Hear are some pointers that I came across on Facebook about heat styling that everyone should know.

Make sure that your hair is clean before using heat otherwise it will be like baking dirt into your hair. As for heat protectants, many people prefer silicone free heat protectants such as grapeseed oil which is a natural heat protectant or castor oil!
Remember less direct heat, less dryness and breakage! 
Ciao people 
Xx

1 comment:

Post your comment here