Pages

Sunday 10 February 2013

Coconut Oil

Before I started my hair journey I used all kinds of oils ( hair grease as I like to call them) on my hair and scalp. In fact all of them had Mineral Oil aka Petrolatum which is a product that is unfortunately found in most products. Mineral oil coats the hair shaft and makes it difficult for the hair to be moisturized. In turn the hair dries out and we all know what happens after that....BREAKAGE!

Coconut oil is my all time favorite product. I use extra virgin coconut oil. It is 100% natural and has so added chemicals. I always recommend it because of all the benefits I got from it. Coconut oil has anti-fungal properties and this helps a lot with itching and flaking. I had these problems and after using coconut oil for a short time my scalp stopped flaking. I use it to seal in my moisture as well. Coconut oil unlike many oils has the ability to be absorbed into the hair shaft. It is also a somewhat a conditioner. always left my growth feeling so soft. When massaged onto the scalp it strengthens the hair follicles therefore stimulating hair growth. Lastly, it is cheap!!! What a great deal!!

I love the shine that that coconut oil gives my hair

Coconut oil is great for skin as well. It is a great skin moisturizer. Though I don't use it on my skin though, I have read many good reviews. Coconut milk on the other hand is used as a hair conditioner.
I recommend these any day. Organic stuff is truly awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here